Friday, September 17, 2010

"Why is Daddy's heart broken?"

His heart is broken because you won't let him do ANYTHING. No diaper changes, no baths; you won't even let him read you a bedtime story! Of course his heart is broken!

The mommy-dependence is really wearing on me. Of course, at 2, it's understandable that Megan wants her mom. I am the stay-at-home parent and am responsible for the majority of her care. Dad travels a lot for work, so when he's away, I'm the only caregiver. Being hyper-attached to the primary caregiver is natural at this age.

Of course, I might just be rationalizing here, so if I'm off base, let me know.

Now, Ryan is starting to chime in with the "I want Mommy" whine, too. He's just imitating his little sister, but it's aggravating to me and truly disappointing to my husband. What dad wants to be shunned, especially when he's away from his kids so frequently?

I am on a mission to replace our babysitter, who is off to a new life as a college student. Finding a quiet place for an interview poses a challenge, however. Of course, babysitters are likely to tell me "no, thanks" when they hear the screaming toddler in the background, adamantly refusing a bath from Dad while trying to bang down my bedroom door to find me. Who wants to take care of a kid who's capable of cracking glass in her screams for her mother?

Think she'll let the sitter take care of her for a week while Dad and I go to Aruba? A mom can dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment